Do you know that avocado has another name? Its name is Persea Americana. If we look through from the etymology of this fruit, “avocado” comes from Spanish word, aguacate. In first English written, the word changed into avogato, then in 1697 its mentions as avogato pear, a term which was later corrupted as alligator pear (most probably because the texture of the skin of this fruit is like alligator skin). But as the years passed by, this green fruit is well-known as avocado.
Some sources have stated that a tree was originated in Mexico and Central America, in the state of Puebla. Then, this fruit with many species were much more widespread until we can easily find it everywhere nowadays.
As we know, avocado is mostly used for salad, salad dressing, or as a fruit to be eaten directly. But some lay people assume that this fruit is full with fat/bad cholesterol.
But you know what? Indeed, avocado contains full of fat, but it is the good fat for body, which normally known as high-density cholesterol. Why this HDL is called as the good cholesterol? It is because the HDL helps to remove the LDL from the arteries and bring back to liver, whereas LDL is the bad cholesterol as it is low-density, so it causes the plaque in the bloodstream if the level is high.
So, no need to worry to eat avocado anymore. This fruit is good for your body. Unless you eat it with a lot of sugar, or sweetened condensed milk.
Here with some benefits if we regularly eat avocado as our breakfast or in the afternoon snacking-time:
- The avocado is full of nutrients that needed by our body. One of them is potassium which is also the most important mineral for our body. Potassium in avocado is richer than banana
- The fat of avocado does not only help to boost up your HDL and lower your LDL level, but it also help our body to absorb other nutrients from plants food more effectively, let say it can helps absorb
antioxidant more effectively when it added to your salad.
- Meanwhile, avocado itself already contained lots of antioxidant which can protect your eyes as well
- It is loaded with fiber, which really helps on your diet, because it makes you feel full and satisfied, and have a lower desire to eat over the next 5 hours
- Avocado will not make you fat because it contains monounsaturated fat. It will help you lose weight
- By eating avocado daily, it will help to make a health in the long run, because those tons of nutrients will help keep your blood sugar level, boost your good cholesterol at optimum level
There are lots of benefits of avocado which cannot be mentioned one by one. The better way to prove it, is to test by yourself immediately.
-Eating well, and be healthy-